CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Full Time Position: Marketing and Communications Director
Starts: Beginning of November, 2019
Do you have a passion for the environment and your community? Are you an effective multi-tasker and skilled communicator? Want to use your talents in design, relationship building and marketing to engage the community with conservation, education and public art? Join the team at the Railyard Park Conservancy to help elevate awareness and visibility of this community, grass-roots organization.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit, our mission is to provide community stewardship and advocacy for the care, programming, and public art in the Railyard Park.
Promoting Events and Programs (40%)
- Maintain and update website with new and consistent information
- Manage and expand social media presence
- Design engaging monthly newsletters
- Manage media relations including writing press releases, articles and scheduling media interviews
- Design high quality graphics for continued branding in both digital and print avenues
- Seek out partnerships with other organizations and media companies
- Capture high quality photo and video of events and programs; create engaging promotional videos and campaigns
- Develop and track metrics and analytics to grow online presence and following
Managing Railyard Community Room Venue Space (30%)
- Manage community room scheduling and reservations
- Process and track payments
- Maintain cleanliness and supplies in Community Room
- Field inquiries and schedule appointments with potential renters
- Maintain a friendly disposition while working with the public
- Maintain and assist in management of donor database system
- Assist Executive Director with planning, managing and implementing seasonal fundraising campaigns
- Work with Executive Director to research for and create creative and effective fundraising campaigns through multiple avenues
- Develop strategies that align with the organization’s fundraising goals
- Assist Executive Director in donor communications and acknowledgements
Park Program Assistance (10%)
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of large events and ongoing programs
- Lead large groups of adults or youth in various gardening tasks or tours of the park
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Graphic design training and proven skills. (Submit recent samples of your work)
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Proven computer skills; Skilled in MS Office suite, Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud and Google suite
- Event planning experience a plus. (Please include a link for an event you assisted planning)
- CRM Software knowledge a plus.
- General knowledge of gardening and environmental conservation concerns.
- Experience and comfort in public speaking and leading groups of people.
- Ability to fluctuate between professional office atmosphere/attire and outdoor yardwork environments and dress appropriately, often within the same day.
- Proven written communication skills.
- Reliable, strong personal work ethic, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong social and customer-service skills, ability to be directed by staff and receive feedback from volunteers and staff; people-oriented and cooperative attitude.
- Flexible weekend schedule and motivated to complete tasks in a timely, deadline-driven manner.
Reports to Executive Director and is supervised by Executive Director and Program Coordinator.
Pay: $28,000-$32,000 – commensurate with experience.
Hours: 8am – 5pm with 1 hour uncompensated lunch break. Occasional weekends per special events etc. (usually Saturdays) Stipend for cell phone and health insurance is provided.
Reviews provided at 30-days and 90-days.
This position is ideal for someone interested in non-profit work, to build project management skills, further expand a graphic design portfolio, and/or interested in management of public lands.
About the Park:
The Railyard Park, completed in 2008, is an award-winning park in downtown Santa Fe. It is among the new generation of public-private city parks that seek to build community and lessen the civic burden on park departments while providing outstanding programming. Its care is guided by an alliance that includes the City of Santa Fe, the Santa Fe Conservation Trust, and the Santa Fe Railyard Community Corporation (SFRCC). We provide long-term community stewardship and advocacy for the enhanced horticultural care and educational programming in the Railyard Park.
How to Apply:
Submit resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: Christy@railyardpark.org
Include sample of your graphic design work (more than 1 preferred) and/or film material you’ve produced. *No phone calls please. Familiarize yourself with our programs at www.railyardpark.org